Monday, May 9, 2011

Reader Rabbit Toddler Computer Game

When my boys were young, one of their favorite things to do was play on the computer. I found the best company, Bird Rock Family, that sold educational computer games at incredible prices. Plus, they have agreed to donate 20% of the sales that I send their way to my causes, either Reece's Rainbow or Angels Foster Family Network. Just click on fundraisers to see how you can help either one of these groups while getting great products.

My boys learned how to maneuver a mouse and learned the alphabet all while sitting in front of the computer screen. Now I know that children should not spend hours in front of a computer screen but this was a life savor for me when I needed a break and I felt it was at least better than sitting in front of the TV for 30 minutes. So I just had to introduce Nevaeh to the computer by using these products.


Neaveh is matching the keys to the train's boxcars.


She does not have to click on anything.
She just has to move the mouse around and
watch the hand to know where she is moving it too.


This is the music section.
She can pick a song by placing the 
hand on the songs she wants.



Reader Rabbit is now singing 
"Out comes the sun and dries up all the rain."



This game is where she has to match the baby animal's basket 
to the right mother. The baby makes a noise and the child
has to find which animal is making the same noise.


This is one of her favorite games. 

The reason I like these program so much is that the child really doesn't have to do much to get the mouse to cooperate. Nevaeh is getter pretty good at using it now and can do it by herself and stay engaged for about 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment